Monday, March 11, 2013

Our Wellness Journey #5

It used to be that I struggled terribly with extreme exhaustion. It seemed like I could go to bed tired and get up tired. Every day!! It was awful!! :)
Many times I would fall asleep during school and wake up to find my children playing. And I wasn't even rested! It was so discouraging!!
I struggled so much with the inability to be a good wife and mother. Often I was stretched out on the couch crying because I hurt so much and I needed to get up but just had no motivation to face the agony.
I had others tell me that they get tired too; they just pushed through it and they were sure I could too! So I would try that.
BUT.... It never worked for long. And then I thought I was lazy and horrid and stupid. (I know, terrible self talk!)

I don't know if you have ever heard of Fly Lady or not but she is just amazing. With her help I learned to manage my work in little bits rather then in overwhelming chunks! Please, check her out!
Lowering my stress obviously helped me sleep better which in turn lowered my stress! Bingo!! Win,win!! :)
I love Fly Lady!!! 

And I have since learned the importance of  getting my sleep (!!!) so I use a sleep mask or bandanna. I sleep deeper and wake up much more refreshed! Also Steve bought me a 'noise maker' that I can set to play (I like the ocean sound) for 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour and then shuts itself off.
We turn everything else off so when we enter the deep sleep, there are no distractions to mess with our subconscious mind.
(Sleep is so important to keeping one's body in good shape and the stress levels lowered!!)
Steve only needs about 6 hrs of sleep at night while I on the other hand need 9-10.
If we are staying up late sometimes I miss out on the party but I usually just try to make up the time the next night or so by going to bed a little earlier. I have learned that most times it really doesn't pay to miss my sleep tho! It pretty much has to be a once in a life time thing before I compromise to much.
My children are so much like Steve and I, with Chad needing much less sleep then Shiny!
Below is a talk given by the nutritionist who's advice I follow. I am sure you will find it interesting!






 Chad and Shiny snuggling with the cats while I lay down for a nap. 
One of the reasons a nap is a big deal for me is because I need to be available for Steve while he is home in the evenings. I am done with pushing myself over the edge during the day and then being to tired to give him the attention he needs. We love to serve him, now that Mommy is well again!! The poor man used to come home to a tearful wife who was crashed on the couch. :(


I have a new goal!! To get the Trim Healthy Mama  book.... It was recommended to me by a friend. Have any of ya'll read this book? How do you like it?




No comments:

Post a Comment