Friday, March 8, 2013

From Sweatshirt to Dress

 Today I decided to take in hand a sweatshirt of mine! Not only does it not fit anymore but it makes me look enormous!! Cheyenne and I both like it SO well tho because we love the fellow on the front of the shirt! Eeyore! :)  As a result, I have been hanging onto it even after my husband expressed a dislike for it. :p 
 Well, today I handed the shirt down to Cheyenne. 
This is the transformation...



I pinned it with safety pins while it was on her to give me a general idea of what I needed for a pattern.


I found a dress from her closet that is just a little big for her and used it as a pattern.



I cut around the whole dress including the sleeves, then turned it inside out.
I pinned up the edges of the sleeves and hemmed them with the zigzag stitch.
Then I pinned the sides and sewed them.


We sewed on some pretty buttons. That is Cheyenne's hands giving the needle a try.



And here it is on her! :) Sorry it is so small! My phone was acting up and I don't have a camera...


She is VERY happy!! 


I decided there really was no sense in hanging onto that thing since I never plan to regain the weight I have lost! :)

Now I am inspired to make over some more of my 'to big' clothes for Cheyenne! And she agrees that it is a really good idea to do more! :) 

Blessings to all! 







1 comment: