Friday, August 26, 2011

Am I a Blue Crab?


I have read and have heard that when one blue crab is caught the fisherman must have a lid on the basket. But once he has two or three he no longer needs a lid as the crabs that are already in the basket will reach out and pull down any of the other crabs that try to escape!
I took a moment to reflect on that! Am I a Blue Crab? Yikes! I hope not! When a friend or family member has a dream or aspiration, do I encourage them in their dream or do I tell them all the 'horror' stories I've heard and the things that might happen to them?
When my son dreams of being a missionary pilot do I say, 'you can do it' or do I say, 'but... planes crash!'?
When my daughter wants to be a nurse do I say,'you can do it' or 'but... all the blood,sweat, and tears!'?
Much better to encourage than to discourage so I am off to improve in this area! 
:)









No comments:

Post a Comment