Friday, July 8, 2011

Freezer Cookies

I always liked the thought of freezing my cookies ahead so that we would have them on hand for lunches, etc. But I always thought they tasted so 'old' after they were frozen! But then I discovered what everyone else probably already knows! (= If one freezes them while they are fresh  (as in just barely cooled) they are WONDERFUL! Get them out of the freezer, thaw, and they taste just like you just baked them. So I am very excited about this! (= I did also discover that waxed paper or something should be used between layers in case they are still a little warm cause they will fuse together and make a huge mess. I package them 3 cookies to a sandwich baggie and that is very handy! They can be laid out to freeze and then boxed up and put into lunches or used for snacks a little at a time. For large families tho this might be impractical... 

  Monster Cookies
2lbs brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1 lb butter
12 eggs
1/4 cup vanilla
1 tbsp molasses
8 tsp soda
3 lbs peanut butter
18cups oatmeal
1 lb chocolate chips
1 lb M&M's
Mix all together well with commercial mixer or hands! (=
Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
Bake 350* for about 10-12 min. Do not overbake!
Yields 124 lg cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment